Ronda Sure bridge in Badajoz
Location: Badajoz (Spain)
Client: Junta de Extremadura
Type of contract AB04 - Construction
Budget: € 16,789,978.88
Date (Start-End): August 2019 - July 2021
The project consists of the execution of a section of the southern ring road of the city of Badajoz, which includes a viaduct over the Guadiana river.
The main data are:
- Length of the road: 1.4 km.
- Cross section of the main trunk: 24 meters; 2 carriageways of 7 meters; 1 meter inner shoulder; 2.5 meter outer shoulder; berms of 1.10 meters and road dividers of 2 meters.
- Connection with the regional highway EX-117, through the projection of a roundabout with two connecting branches.
- Volume of embankment: 328,000 m3.
- Crossing of the “Camino del Álamo” with underpass with frame.
- Crossing the local road BA-021, through an underpass with a deck and 2 box girders; abutments on “reinforced earth” foundations.
- Main element: viaduct over the Guadiana river, 420 meters long, between PK-203 and PK 623; with box girder board with in situ reinforced concrete slab; Foundations by means of 96 piles in abutments and piers, with diameters of 1,000, 1,300 and 1,500 mm and with lengths from pile caps between 7.2 meters and 22.2 meters. Viaduct solved by combining isostatic zone and hyperstatic zone. Execution in 12 spans; 22 piers and 28 box beams. Assembly of 4 piers on the “V -shaped channel.