A cookie is a text file that is stored on the computer or mobile device through a Web server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the content of the cookie and allow the Website to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently . Cookies make the interaction between the user and the website faster and easier.
How do cookies work?
Cookies can only store text, usually it is always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can they be associated with an identified or identifiable person. The data allows this website to keep your information between the pages, and also to analyze how to interact with the website. Cookies are safe since they can only store the information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. You cannot execute the code and it cannot be used to access your computer. If a web page encrypts the cookie information, only the web page can read the information.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used by this website can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
According to the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist there, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication , identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the diffusion of videos or sound or to share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Cookie Management Tool
This website uses Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free Google web analysis tool that mainly allows website owners to know how users interact with their website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the site where you are and uses a set of cookies to collect information in anonymously and prepare trends reports of websites without identifying individual users .
How to manage cookies on your computer: deactivation and deletion of cookies
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the browser settings or options. The steps to do so are different for each browser, you can find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- For more information on Internet Explorer Click here or how to block, enable or allow cookies Click here.
- For more information on Chrome pulse aquí.
- For more information on Safari pulse aquí.
- For more information on Firefox pulse aquí.
Through your browser, you can also see the cookies that are on your computer, and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open them and read the content. The data within them is almost always encrypted with a numerical code that corresponds to an Internet session, so it often makes no sense beyond the web page that wrote it.